1. If you are looking for a shawl that uses up some smaller quantities of yarn check out Melanie Berg's new pattern called True Colors.
2. Thea Colman has come out with a new cabled cardigan pattern called Nor'easter.
3. Josie Paquin and Heidi Kirrmaier have teamed up to create the Strong and Free collection which consists of 3 cardigans, 3 pullovers and 4 accessories all knit (or dyed) in Canadian yarn. I really like the Mount Pearl hat pattern.
4. And if you are in the market for a baby cardigan pattern here's a cute one: Aimee's Rainbow unisex cardigan by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne
1. Knitty Deep Fall 2017, 12 free patterns from designers such as Laura Nelkin, Julie Crawford, Carol Feller, and Amy Christoffers. Check out Julie Crawford's cowl pattern below.
|Alicorn by Julie Crawford|
©Knitty Deep Fall 2017
2. The East Coaster Cozy is a free pattern until the end of September. This cup cozy looks like a perfect gift.
3. The Espace Tricot ladies have done it again. Using the leaf pattern from the sweet cardigan Norwegian Fir they have created a baby blanket called Petits Pins. It is so pretty, isn't it?
Clubs:If you are a fan of Julie Hoover's designs then you may be interested in her Sweater Club 2017 which was introduced this week. By joining this club you will get two exclusive sweater patterns (one cardigan and one pullover) featuring a Woolfolk yarn in the quantity you need.
|Gauge Dyeworks (available at Knit City)|
One of my favourite things to do is to go to a yarn festival. There is nothing like being around other knitters who are as passionate as I am about all things knitting. I love having the opportunity to touch and feel yarn that I have only seen on the internet. For example, new colourways by Gauge DyeWorks will be available for purchase, such as the gorgeous colourway above. I am excited to be going to Knit City for the first time this year and I will be sure to write a blog on the event. The Canadian west coast yarn festival, an annual event held in Vancouver September 30-October 1st. Besides the amazing yarn market there are so many designers, classes, speakers and vendors. I can hardly wait.
If you are looking for some company while knitting check out Andrea Mowry at the Yarn Pimp's store. Interview here.
That's just a tiny drop in the bucket of what is new in the knitting world. Please feel free to add your own favourites in the comment section below. Happy knitting!