October 17, 2013

On the Needles: Quaker Ridge Shawlette

Last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and I was so busy preparing for that meal that I didn't have a lot of knitting time.  This week I am trying to make up for lost time.  I decided to get started on using that Sweet Georgia Yarns Merino Silk Fine that I bought back in August

 and have started the Quaker Ridge Shawlette by Susan B. Anderson.  Here it is:
Quaker Ridge Shawlette
The softness!  I combined Sweet Georgia yarn with one strand of Filatura di Crosa Superior yarn.  What an incredible combination.  I wish you could touch it...it's just lovely.  I swear I would have a lot more done if I didn't keep stopping and feeling it!  Ravelled here.

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl is looking great! The color reminds me of the ocean back home. Home for me is Puerto Rico. I have a skein of Sweet Georgia but have not knit with the yarn yet. Now I can't wait to cast on with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is one of my favourite colours. What colour is your Sweet Georgia?

    ReplyDelete