December 8, 2013

Bough

This time of year just whizzes by with all the shopping, baking and preparing.  That's why it is important to have a way to relax and for me that has always been some knitting time.  Even when its knitting that has to be done for Christmas gifts!  I was able to use up some of my yarn stash on the two presents I was making.  My favourite hat I finished was Bough by Leila Raabe in Wool People Vol. 6. Although my yarn was probably a bit too variegated for this pattern I am still very pleased with the outcome.  The pom pom just makes it I think.  I definitely would like to make another Bough with a plainer colour.  Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label yarn really softened up once blocked.
Bough

The next pattern I completed was from the Great Oddments Knitdown called the Fairy SnowCap out of some Berroco Ultra Alpaca.  The pom pom was great fun to make.  Romi Hill is going to come out with fifteen to eighteen patterns in the next year using odds and ends of yarn.  That is a good help for me.  When I first became obsessed with knitting I was quick to single skeins of yarns that caught my eye.  Now I seem to have a collection of theses single beauties but I am not always sure what to do with them.  So I am interested to see what ideas Romi comes up with.  I am thinking more and more that in 2014 one of my goals should be to make a dent in my stash.
Fairy SnowCap

Then I finished Julie Crawford's Pemba mittens as part of the final instalment of the TFA 2013 Year in Colour Club.  This pattern was fun to do and kept my interest.  I am looking forward to what Tanis has in mind for the club in 2014.  She has such a wonderful eye for colour and unique patterns.
Pemba

I have also been knitting a scarf I for my son.  I think I will be knitting it forever...it just won't get long enough.  However, it is good for those times when a harder pattern is not doable.  So I plug away.  I am trying to get it done before he returns for Christmas from university.  I will hopefully show you the finished scarf next time.  I still have grandiose ideas of finishing a few more projects before Christmas...we shall see.  How is your Christmas knitting going?

No comments:

Post a Comment