August 11, 2014

Pebble Beach Shawlette

I really had high hopes that I would do a lot of knitting this summer but I haven't got as much done as I thought I would by this point.  One pattern I did finish and really enjoyed knitting was the Pebble Beach Shawlette by Helen Stewart.  This pattern was the winner of the Unwind Brighton Design Competition in the U.K.  It uses just one skein of fingering weight yarn.  Here it is:
Sweet Fiber Yarns Cashmerino Luxe in  Temperate


I was going to show you a picture of this shawl before it was blocked but I was so excited when I finished that I forgot to take a photo!  Using Sweet Fiber Yarns Cashmerino Luxe really made this project special.  The variegation in it is so pretty and the yarn blocked beautifully. It is extremely soft and is the perfect size to wear (53" x 15").  I liked this pattern so much that I might make a bigger version.  The directions were very clear with stitch counts after each row which really helped keep things on course.  It was a lot of fun as far as shawl knitting goes and is a perfect pattern for a special skein of yarn.  You should check it out!  It's Woolercoaster approved : )

For more pattern notes see my project page.

No comments:

Post a Comment