I have to admit that I have totally changed my view.
After my mother-in-law knit me a pair of socks recently I realized how lovely they looked and how wonderful they felt on my feet. Sure no one could see them but me, but who cares? After joining the Sweet Fiber Yarn Sock Club I knew the time had come. I had to try knitting my own pair to see what the fuss was all about. I decided to start with Susan B. Anderson's basic sock pattern.
Here they are!
|It is so weird to take a picture of your own feet!|
And frankly they feel just great on.
|Sweet Fiber Yarns "Wildflower" colourway|
- I like to watch the Junkyarn podcast and on her website she had a helpful article called So You Want to knit Socks which offers step by step guidance as to what patterns to start with and which ones to knit as your improve your skills.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book Knitting Rules, which has a great section on knitting socks.
- Not to mention Craftsy's class: Learn How to Knit Socks by Lucy Neatby
- Crafts from the Cwtch also has a three part tutorial on knitting socks that looks good.
- Kate Atherley, a fellow Canadian, is coming out with a book this summer called Knit Socks That Fit.