Today I am trying something new on my blog which I hope you enjoy. I have highlighted a few patterns, KALs and yarn that have caught my attention this week in the knitting world.
Week of August 6-12
1. Thea Colman (Baby Cocktails) came out with a new hat pattern called the Boston Flip. This hat was designed as a gift to her daughter, and her daughter's best friend, as they go off to college this fall. The explanation for the hat's design was incredibly sweet. Read all about it on her blog.
2. Joji Locatelli has come out with two new patterns this week: the Longline Cardigan and the Bobble Cowl. Both patterns are knit in Malabrigo Mechita which is a fingering weight yarn. She is offering 20% off all her patterns from August 10-20 using the code jojifallkal. This sale is in anticipation of her Knit Along starting September 1 running until December 10th. More information can be found here.
3. Carol Feller, another prolific designer, has come out on Instagram and on her website with a new sweater design called the Camira Cardigan which will go on pre-sale on August 19th. The first clue will be released October 7th. This is one KAL I am considering participating in. I think this pattern will be very interesting to knit. I participated in a previous Carol Feller KAL and knit a sweater called Capall Dubh which I absolutely love. More information is to follow.
4. Another sweater pattern that caught my attention was Fresh by Josée Paquin. This sweater would be a great stashbuster and would be a fun knit. Josée uses Julie Asselin Fino fingering yarn combined with a Julie Asselin's Leizu Fingering Gradient Set. Love it.
5. A new publication entitled Plum Dandi Knits: Simple Designs for Luxury Yarns by Melissa Schaschwary and Alicia Plummer is available for preorder on Amazon. It is being published November 30, 2017 by Interweave and I am sure it will have many beautiful designs.
6. And finally, I know I don't have to tell you about Andrea Mowry's newest pattern and Mystery Knit Fade Along called What the Fade?! starting August 31st. However, what you might not know is Hedgehog Fibres is having another Colour Sets sale on August 12th where you can purchase a six skein set directly from the extremely popular dyer to use for this pattern. (One can dream.)
That's my round-up for today. I had fun compiling it and please feel free to add any other items that you are excited about in the Comments section below.
Now I can't leave you without any yarn pictures. How about a few shots of some of my recent purchases? Although I will not be joining in the Mystery Knit Fade Along I do enjoy a skein of speckled yarn. There are so many beautiful ones to choose from...it's mind boggling. Here are a few of my faves:
|Primrose Yarn Adelaide: In Between the Lines|
|Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles: Bubble & Bounce|
|Life in the Long Grass (LITLG) Fine Sock: Shack|
|Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles: Poppy|
What am I going to do with these skeins you ask? I am not sure, but with these colourways I am going to have fun figuring it out.
Happy weekend everyone!