December 20, 2017

Visiting Craft South & Haus of Yarn, Nashville

My husband and I took a holiday in late November to Nashville, home of the Grand Ole Opry.  After a particularly challenging fall at home, Nashville was just what we needed.  Nashville is a city full of music, artists, bars, delicious restaurants, and cool coffee shops.  We had an amazing food tour that took us to restaurants that I would never have known existed.  We enjoyed walking around the city and seeing the amazing sites including the murals painted in so many places.  Here are a few of my favourite photos:

What Lifts You Wings 






Barista Parlor


Breakfast at Biscuit Love
So many bars are on Broadway with musicians playing
by the open windows
Jack Daniels tour
Of course no holiday is complete without a trip to the local yarn store.  

Craft South was the first place I visited.  Opened in 2014 this store sells fabric, yarn, embroidery supplies and sewing machines, and offers weekly classes in a variety of crafts.

You can tell that each item in this store is thoughtfully chosen and beautifully displayed. Craft South has a good selection of yarn, including a variety of Quince Yarns and Camellia Fiber Co. yarn, which I did not photograph.  I wish I had taken more photos of the yarn and fabric, and trust me when I say, I could have spent a lot more time (and money) there!  Here's just a snapshot of a few things that caught my eye. 

A enormous wall of Koigu

Colour Block Scarf Kits (Manos del Uruguay Maxima)

Christmas Stockings



Huge walls of material

The most gorgeous quilts were on display
Lots of stitching kits
The second place I had a chance to visit was Haus of Yarn. I spent a lot of time in this store and took lots of photos. This was a big store that had a large selection of yarn brands in various weights. The thing that struck me about this store was the huge number of samples.  I love seeing how different yarns knit up as it provides invaluable information to a knitter. 

When I walked around this store I was in a knitter's shock...so many yarns (many which I had never seen in person)...it was a bit overwhelming. I love the size of this store, everything is perfectly displayed and there is plenty of room for the shopper to mill around.  Come have a look:
Brooklyn Tweed Shelter

Brooklyn Tweed Quarry

Plucky Yarn & Pop Beads Shawl

Old Rusted Chair and Woolen Boon

Woolen Boon Yarn

Yoth Yarn:  Best Friends

Tokyo Shawl

Many kits were available
I loved this one full of Isager Yarn

Fringe Supply Co.

Waxed Canvas Field Bag by Fringe Supply Co.

Starting Point by Joji Locatelli

Backyard Fiberworks


Feyre Shawl designed by Shannon Cook
(knit in Cestari Traditional Yarn)


Mason Dixon Field Guides

Spincycle Dyed Yarns

Watercolors knit in Big Bad Wool
& Favorite Blanket knit in Berroco Modern Cotton

Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze

Isager Alpaca 1

There were so many more yarns, patterns and kits I could have taken pictures of.  I was very impressed.

You know you have had a good trip when you are leaving and wondering when you can return.  That's how I felt.  I loved this city. We were there for five days and I feel there is still so much I want to see and do.  If you want a fun getaway this is the place to go If you are travelling to Nashville and have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

If you enjoy reading about different yarn stores here are some of my favourite places that I wrote about on my blog (links provided):   Tolt Yarn and Wool (Part 1 and Part 2), Churchmouse Yarns & Teas, Fibre Space, Looped Yarn Works, 88 Stitches & Ginger Twist Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment