August 8, 2013

Decadent Yarn

Isn't it pretty?  This was my purchase at eweKnit in Toronto last week.  The yarn at the bottom is Sweet Georgia Yarns in Merino Silk Fine in the colourway Summer Skin.  This is a 50% merino 50% silk blend that is hand dyed in Canada.  It is in my favourite colour and it is so soft to touch.  Once I decided to buy it my eyes spotted the perfect companion to this yarn:  Filatura Di Crosa Superior yarn.  This is a 70% cashmere, 25% silk and 5% merino wool blend.   I had recently read a blog entry entitled Yarn Cocktails, all about combining yarns together, listing possible patterns to try.  It really caught my interest.  Was this not destiny?  What's a girl to do?  Those of you yarn lovers out there will understand how I could not walk away without purchasing both yarns!

And now the decision...what will I knit from this beautiful yarn?  Some possible choices:
Quaker Ridge Shawlette by Susan Anderson
Driftwood by Veera Valimaki
Diagonal Lace Scarf & Wrap by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
Kindred Spirit by Boo Knits
I've also had  Geada by Susanna IC  in my queue for some time now but it calls for worsted weight...so I am not sure if it would work.

What would you choose?

Next time I will tell you about my visit to the Sweet Georgia Yarns studio in Vancouver this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment