June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  Although I lost my mother a number of years ago my dad is still doing well and I look forward to a nice visit with him today.  My father-in-law is also a healthy, active man.  My family is so fortunate to have both of them in our lives.  To celebrate Father's Day, in my grade six class this week, I had the students pick a character trait that best describes their dad and make a picture depicting that trait. Some of the students made a picture of their dad as a superhero...hopefully the dads will like them.




Look what I got in mail.   A new copy of Wendy Bernard's Up, Down All Around a beautifully made Stitch Dictionary.
New book by Wendy Bernard

 I already have my eye on a specific pattern that I would love to make up as a scarf. Have a look:  I think it would look great in a beautiful colour of Madelinetosh Light.


I also liked this interesting edging.  It would be beautiful at the bottom of a sweater.  This is a clearly written book which I can see myself using again and again.



I have been plugging away on my two shawl KALs, challenging myself, by trying to complete two different lace patterns. I made it through Clue 2 of  the Through the Loops Mystery Shawl.  I am learning the value of using markers and checking my work frequently for stitch counts.  For each clue that is given I use a darker gradient of the colour of the Black Trillium Fibre colourway called Grasshopper.  It is a very subtle shift between colours which I appreciate.  I will enjoy seeing what the third clue brings today.  Stay tuned!
Through the Loops Mystery KAL
I hope all the dads out there have a wonderful day!  Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment