The pattern suggests that the ribbing in the back, front and sleeves begin with a Tubular Cast On. This was the first time I used this particular cast on, and although I found it quite fiddly, I am very happy with the result. I think it works perfectly in a pattern like this.
But I am ignoring that inner voice for the time being. Honestly, it is at times like these that I wish I had a friend who was a super knitter, who could tell me what to do to fix it. Hopefully I can figure it out myself. I think I just need a bit of a break from from this cardigan for the moment while I get some Christmas knitting done.
I have not yet found the perfect buttons for this cardigan, but I think it's the kind of cardigan that looks better unbuttoned.
As for the yarn I couldn't be happier. I used Harrisville Designs WATERshed, a worsted weight 100% wool yarn. It feels very similar to Brooklyn Tweed's yarn. (in fact it's made in the same place). This is the colour Granite which I showed you in an earlier post. I bought this yarn at Urban Yarns in Vancouver. If you can't get to this yarn store to check it out, they have a great online store where you can order any of the many beautiful colourways available. This yarn was so lofty that it even hid the seaming I did.
The flecks of colour found within the yarn just add an extra degree of interest to what is basically a plainly knit sweater. I would definitely like to use this yarn again.
Maybe next time I will try Harrisville Shetland which is a 100% wool fingering weight yarn, also available at Urban Yarns. If anyone has any words of wisdom to solve my sleeve problem let me know!
I hope you are all finding time to craft at this busy time of year. : )