1. The patterns nominated in the Mason Dixon March Mayhem 2108 were announced this week. The categories this year are: Neck and Shoulders, Sweaters, Yokes, and Mini Skeins. Under each category are 16 patterns with links provided. Everyone is welcome to vote on their favourites starting March 15th. By the end of the month there is a final Champion pattern. If you did not join in on the fun last year, you should definitely check it out. It's a great way to discover patterns that you might have missed in 2017. I can guarantee that you will add some of these patterns to your queue.
3. Another beautiful new pattern that caught my attention is Hamble by Isabell Kraemer knit up in Rosy Green Wool Cheeky Merino Joy, a sport weight yarn. I picked up three skeins of this yarn when I visited Haus of Yarn in Nashville. It is incredibly soft, and I regret not buying a few more skeins to make a sweater. This would have been a lovely one to knit with this yarn. Isabell's patterns are always easy to follow and look great on.
4. Have you seen the new Party of Five Mini Skein Sets by Sweet Georgia Yarns including Candy Shop, Salt Water Taffy and Fairytale. So pretty.
|Candy Shop Party of Five Mini Skein Set©Sweet Georgia|
5. Newsletter subscribers received the sad news that Knit Purl in Portland is closing. This yarn store was high on my list of yarn stores I wanted to visit. The good news for knitters is that they have a sale for 25% off everything. Don't miss out.
6. Hannah Fettig's first Mystery KAL for a worsted weight, set-in sleeve cardigan has just begun. There's still plenty of time to join the fun, and if mysteries are not your thing, the full pattern will be released to all at the end of the month.
7. The last thing I wanted to mention was Karen Templer's Log Cabin Log-along has finished. She announced the winners on her Fringe Association Blog here and if you haven't checked out her Instagram feed for the Logalong, it's definitely worth a look. #fringeandfriendslogalong
It's great to be back sharing what has caught my attention in the knitting world. Please visit my blog at the end of each week to check out what's new.
Happy knitting everyone!