February 9, 2014

Sweetheart Charms and Ravellinics

Purl Bee is always one website that you can count on for free, beautiful project ideas.  Recently I saw one such project that I couldn't pass up.  It was a perfect Valentine's Day craft for my grade sixes. After teaching them how to sew at Christmas this craft was a great follow-up to make sure they hadn't forgotten what they had learned.  So here are a few pictures of what they did.  It was much easier this time...not so many students needed help.  And they were so excited to try sewing again.  Many students wanted to put a secret note in the pocket, others were going to put in a little candy.

Sweetheart Charms


The Olympic Opening Ceremonies started on Friday and so did my participation in the Tanis Fiber Arts Ravellenic team.  I am knitting the Snowfling Mittens.  So far one outer mitten is done, the liner still needs to be done.  I can't believe how warm these mittens are even without the liner.  I am working on knitting with each coloured strand of yarn in each hand.  I am typically an English style knitter but envy the speed in which Continental knitters complete projects, so this has been a challenge for me.

Snowfling Mitten

I decided to block this mitten as I was worried that it was a bit tight on my hand.  However, it blocked beautifully, stretching out enough so I have lots of room for my hand and the cashmere Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label liner.  Check out the other great projects on the Tanis Fiber Arts Ravellenic team.

No comments:

Post a Comment