February 2, 2014

Tanis Fiber Arts Ravellinic Team

I have been in a bit of a knitting rut lately.  I really want to knit a cardigan using yarn I have on hand. Unfortunately I cannot get the correct gauge.  Or if I do, when I start knitting, I am not happy with the yarn and pattern pairing.  It is very discouraging.

However, I am looking forward to the beginning of the Olympics and I have joined Tanis Fiber Arts Ravellinic team.  For those  of you wondering what I am talking about let me explain.  The Ravellenics run alongside the Olympics.  You can join any of the many teams popping up on Ravelry and state what project you will be working on during the Olympics.  As soon as the Opening Ceremonies begin (February 7), so do you, and the object is to finish whatever project you pledged to do by the end of the Olympics (February 23).  My project of choice is Tanis Fiber Arts Snowfling Mittens.

Snowfling Mittens
I have two of these kits and, ideally, I would like to get both done.  It is hard for me to judge how long each mitten will take as they have a cozy cashmere lining which does dual duty of making the mittens extra warm, but, also hiding all the stranded work so it doesn't get caught on rings/fingers etc.  I am really looking forward to watching the Olypmics and cheering Canada on.  By the time the Olympics is over, spring will be around the corner, leaving this dreadful winter behind.

Another KAL that interests me is the Journey Knit-a-long (February 5-26) hosted by Shannon Cook and Jane Richmond, authors of the Journey book.  There are so many lovely projects in this book and I have been wanting to try Spate, a lovely mitt pattern.  Jane Richmond and Shannon Cook have such simple, beautiful, classic patterns.  The book, set on Vancouver Island, is just gorgeous to look at and if you haven't had a chance to look through it I highly recommend it.

There are so many beautiful patterns cropping up on Ravelry that I find I am very distracted from my knitting.  So my goal for the next few weeks is to really focus on getting the above projects done and stay away from my computer!  

Go Canada go!

No comments:

Post a Comment